Your friends are getting married, and it’s time to join in on the festivities and be there for their big day. It’s exciting and sure to be a blast, but it can also come with some anxiety - especially when it comes to the gifts. After all, you want to get the right present and buy them something that they’ll really enjoy and appreciate. And, with so many different budget and gift guidelines out there, that can be easier said than done.
Here’s what to consider when you want to buy the best wedding gift for a friend.
Time and Memories
Especially if it’s a close friend, the thing that they’ll most appreciate is you - your presence and your involvement in their special day. With that in mind, get them something experience-based or that they can look at to reflect on cherished memories and time spent together. Some great options include:
- A scrapbook with photos, ticket stubs, etc., - either of you and your friend or, if you’re especially close to the couple, of them together - accompanied by a note on the new memories that they’ll create during their next chapter.
- Plan an activity together. Does she love a girl’s day? Is he obsessed with a particular sport? Take them out to celebrate your friendship and their “I do’s.”
- So they’re going to go on their honeymoon and have a blast. But then they’ll return and be back to the same routine. Book something that they’ll be able to look forward to after they return, like a staycation through Airbnb or a fun couple’s class or massage.
It may sound boring, but it’s a classic for a reason - you just can’t go wrong with a beautiful piece of jewelry. Of course, it’s important to keep the individual’s personal taste in mind when making your choice, but keep in mind that this is definitely a time to splurge and get something really memorable. For him, this could be something like a beautiful luxury watch like Alpine watch or a fantastic pair of cufflinks. For her, try a timeless pair of earrings or a versatile Swarovski necklace. You can even get the piece engraved with a personalized message for a special, one-of-a-kind touch.
From the Registry
Not all gifts were created equal, and this includes gifts off of the registry. If you know that your friend has spent a lot of time picking out the items on their registry, then feel free to pick a gift from there. That said, get there early and make sure that you don’t get a throwaway option. Especially if you’re close friends, you want to get something that shows you put in some thought and effort - even if you can’t go wrong.
Now it may not be the most romantic option, but your friend will certainly appreciate a useful gift that will help him/her settle into married life. This could be something for the home or work, including:
- A great vacuum cleaner
- A useful piece of furniture - like a versatile entertainment center - or a gift card to a furniture store that you know your friend will love.
- A programmable coffee maker or a great alarm clock to get them started on the right side of the bed.
For more gift ideas, check out www.mygiftstop.com.