When one thinks of Valentine’s Day, the first things that usually come to mind are hearts, roses, chocolates, and romance - not exactly family fun. Like with any holiday, though, it is important to get everyone involved and make sure that even your kids feel loved and included. That’s why we’ve come up with this list of 4 Valentine’s Day gift ideas for your young son.
Whether you’re giving him something to pass out at school or just to enjoy on his own, these gifts are sure to impress just about any son.
To Give At School
If they’re celebrating Valentine’s Day at your son’s school, it’s always a good idea to give him something that he can contribute to his class. To this end, you can’t go wrong with some creative goodie bags. Fill them with baked goods or store-bought candies, and add some confetti and themed labels to go with each treat:
- For gummy worms, make some “love bug” or “bugs and kisses” labels.
- For Pop Rocks, add a simple “you rock.”
- For cereal, you can say, “you’re my lucky charm.”
- For Starbursts, say, “I’m bursting with happiness that you’re my friend.”
It’s corny, but his classmates will like it.
You can also use the holiday as an opportunity to make him genuinely feel the love. Get him a heartfelt gift that shows him you care. This can be:
- A photo or collage of the two of you.
- A parent-child outing or a special sleepover.
- A trip to his favorite place or a dinner with his favorite meal.
Why not go all out and get him something Valentine’s themed? Here are some fun options:
Just to Play
Finally, Valentine’s Day can just be a great opportunity to connect with your child and play. Get him a toy that he’ll really enjoy or set up a fun date night for just the two of you. Some fun activities include:
- Tag or laser tag: You just can’t go wrong with a classic game of tag or hide-and-seek. If he’s young, do it at home - or, if he’s a little older, take him to a laser tag place in your neighborhood.
- Theme park: If you live close to a water park or theme park, take him on a fun day trip.
- Movie night: Make it a date at home or take him to a theater to watch the latest blockbuster.
For more ideas or to find the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for everyone on your list, check out My Gift Stop.