If there’s one thing that every mom wants to see and feel on Mother’s Day, it’s a gesture of love and appreciation from her nearest and dearest. Nothing shows that kind of effort more than a homemade gift basket. Here’s how to make the perfect Mother’s Day gift basket for every mom out there.
First - the Basics:
When it comes to making a gift basket, the basics are pretty simple. All you need is:
- The basket
- Some shredded paper
From there, you prep it and get ready to fill it with goodies. Let’s dive in:
The Homebody Mom
For the mom that likes to stay in and get cozy, build a gift basket that will help her create the ultimate night in. This can include:
- Movies: is there a particular genre that she loves or a movie that she’s dying to see? Get a DVD that you know she’ll love or that you can watch together.
- Comfy clothes: Get a warm fleece robe, a blanket, or a pair of cute and comfortable slippers.
- Night-in snacks: Opt for some delicious and healthy snacks like popcorn, trail mix, or some hummus and veggies.
- Ambiance: Set the tone with some fragrant potpourri or a beautiful candle with her favorite scent.
The Adventurous Mom
For the mom that likes to get out of the house and see the world, we recommend a gift basket that will make her adventures as memorable and as comfortable as possible. Here are some great options:
- A polaroid camera
- A pair of comfortable, wear-anywhere shoes
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A great skin product with SPF
- A minimergency kit to get her out of any pinch
The Spa-Loving Mom
If she’s always looking to relax and unwind, make her an at-home spa lover’s dream basket. This can include classic products like:
- A fun, neutral nail polish
- An anti-inflammatory sleep mask
- A purifying face mask
- Relaxing bath salts
- Natural Essential oils
The Foodie Mom
Consider her favorites and create a themed basket accordingly.
- Sweets: If she has a sweet tooth, make a basket with her favorite treats. This can include chocolates, trail mix, gummy candy, and more.
- International: If she likes to experience new cultures and flavors, make an international basket with some unconventional treats. The World Market has some great options here, including Spanish tortas, a world traveler spice set, and more.
- Healthy: When mom wants to keep it clean, make a greens-based gift basket and include things like fresh-pressed juice, some healthy snack bars, and a great raw honey.
- Comfort food: Alternatively, if she loves the warm feeling of a great comfort food, make a basket with some of her go-to’s.
The Crafty Mom
Finally, if mom likes to craft and make things around the house, make her a gift that will help her do just that. This can include:
- Beautiful crafting paper
- Equipment: hot glue gun, etc.
- A homemade picture of the two of you
- A fun soap making kit
- And more
For more gift ideas, check out My Gift Stop.